- Date: Saturday 24 June 2017
- Ride Name: Peasants Revolt Ride
Peasants Revolt Ride
Join Greenwich Cyclists to trace the arc of history of the Great Rising (aka Peasants Revolt) from Blackheath, through Rotherhithe, across the Thames to the savoy and Smithfield, towards Mile End and then back to Greenwich through the foot tunnel. The Great Rising happened in June 1381 and was the greatest people’s rebellion ever in England.
The ride will use mainly quiet streets and try to avoid poor junctions. It will be easy and about 25 miles in all. We shall stop for refreshments around Smithfield and aim to be back in Greenwich before 16:00.
Dress code does not apply but wear a peasants outfit if you have one. Leave bows and arrows at home please, but bring water and a spare tube.
This ride is organised by Greenwich Cyclists, a branch of the London Cycling Campaign.
- Grade: Easy
- Meeting time/place: 10.00, Saturday 24 June 2017 General Wolfe Statue, Greenwich Park, SE108XJ, near observatory entrance
- Finish: Greenwich
- Ride leader/contact: Ian Blore 07900253658
RIDES & EVENTS
- Date: 5 July 2017
- Ride Name: Greenwich Cyclists AGM
Supporters are Welcome to join us at our AGM at 7pm on Wednesday 5th July 2017 at the Woolwich Centre.
Please contact us before the day for us to add your name to the list for entry into the building.
Thanks, Greenwich Cyclists.
- Grade: Meeting
- Meeting time/place: 7pm The Woolwich Centre
- Finish: 9pm
- Ride leader/contact: Neil Robertson 07789640393